This past year, Scott’s taken his Building it Right Builder Education 1 through 4 which including modules in building science, new building code in BC and best practices in energy efficiency. Scott’s found the courses highly informative and instrumental in implementing improved building practices.
Scott believes in professionalism and in staying on task. He’s a Red Seal carpenter, a Gold Seal Intern and an all around amazing builder and general contractor. Scott has a vision and his vision includes punctuality and professionalism at every turn. He sets an example for his crew: don’t stop until the job is done.
Wilisky attended George Brown College in Toronto for four years and completed his Carpentry Apprenticeship. From there, he moved back west to Invermere where he has worked with Kootenay Builders, Quiniscoe, New Dawn Developments.
In Canada, trades training and certification are the responsibility of the provinces and territories (known as jurisdictions). The Interprovincial Standards Red Seal Program was established to help harmonize training and certification requirements across Canada. Over the years, the Red Seal has become the national standard of excellence for skilled trades in Canada. Carpentry is considered a “designated Red Seal trade” and our fearless leader Scott Wilisky has been certified. This means we at STW Carpentry bring you excellence, experience and education as carpenters and builders in the Columbia Valley.
Why choose an EnerGuide rated new home?
- Investments you make in energy efficiency at the construction stage will pay off in lower energy bills.
- An EnerGuide rating, label and report will help you better understand your home’s energy performance, which may help you reduce your energy use and save on utility bills.
- An EnerGuide label is an official record of your home’s energy performance, and may help increase its resale value.
- EnerGuide is backed by the government of Canada and all participating builders must be registered with Natural Resources Canada.
- Become part of the solution for reducing greenhouse gas emissions and addressing climate change.